Friday, February 19, 2010

Very first post

Alright let's get things started!

Been building a game in XNA since November 2009, sorta drifted away from the idea, and have now reopened the project.
I've had a general game design in my head, but not one solid enough to put down on paper. Basically, its a 2D platformer where the player shoots off a weapon which bounces off the screen & walls like in Pong, and hits enemies above him as though you were playing Galaxian.
I've pretty much been handling the coding of the player's states, and the collisions. Been struggling to understand how I'm going to get a weapon to bounce off a 2D map. Currently, I'm using a separate collision map.
Only yesterday did I manage to get some headway with the player's character's collisions. The player can now jump, and land on a 2D map, as well as going up slopes, all while being affected by gravity. I shunned using a tilemap, it just doesn't look spiffy enough, as such it's not as easy to calculate collisions against inclined surfaces.

I'll conclude this post for now, hopefully I'll get somewhere by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment